Family planning and misconception

Family planning and misconception
By Ladi Emmanuel


Have you heard about family planning?

A 28 years old mother of 8 children, Maryam Abbas , a resident of Jos North , said " yes i am aware of family planning since before I marry but my husband did not want me to do the family planning.

" After my fifth ( 5) child, I went to family planning unity at Township primary health care in Jos North to start the process so that I will be able to rest and take care of the 5 children but when my husband come to know about it , he warn me that if I try it then I will park and leave his house and that will the end of our marriage.

" So for fear of leaving my children , I did not continue with the family planning and I later added three other children so that I can safe my marriage.

In his response, Mr Johnson Agbo, a father of 3 children, in Jos North said " yes , I am aware of family planning and Iam fully involved in it because I really encourage my wife to go for it so that we can space our children which we did and we are living strong, sound and healthy today .

" Infact family planning is the best because it gives me more opportunity to give my family the best I can give them."

A 32 years old woman And a mother's of 6 children Mrs chidinma Peter , said " yes , i am aware of family planning,
I have been listening to various lecture during anti natal and post natal but I dont like it and I won't do it because I want to stop giving birth naturally .

" I hear people saying that Family planning have render many women childless due to high in take of ocontraceptive pill when they are
Young girls and as result of that I don't want to try it, my husband want me to do it but I told him I won't do it because my mother born 10 children and Iam no 8 so I want to want born like her by God grace.

In another development , Mr and Mrs Williams Nyam from lamingo in Jos North, who accampany his wife to the Township primary health care for a family planning rotine check up,
said" i am a beneficiary of family planning because 1 month shortly after my wedding I lost my Job so I and my wife took a bold step  to seek for advise from  the family Planning unit of the PHC  on how to plan for 4 year before  we start bearing children .

"Infact this planning really help us today  that we can give the best to our 3 children  2 boys and a girl so I want to strongly advise our  youth not to be in a hurry to give birth to children that they are not ready to good care of them.

Comments